We hope you are keeping safe and well.
Please see further information below regarding the current Covid-19 outbreak and how to keep safe and take extra precautions at this time here at Paradise.
Why we are continuing to stay open?
Paradise Wildlife Park is a largely open space allowing the recommended social distancing measures to be adhered to. During this difficult time, we can also continue to provide educational and fun activities to stimulate minds and allow children to burn energy.
As you know, we have closed many enclosed spaces to allow for reduced contact.
As a seasonal family business, the winter can be hard enough anyway. But also as a charity, we rely on income from our visitors to help us feed and care for our animals.
We remain in constant contact with our Zoo Associations and the zoo community sharing precautions and advice.
Protocols to help you remain safe
- As far as possible, we would encourage you to pay by debit/credit card around the site and pre-book your tickets online prior to visiting.
- Upon entering any building / enclosed space, please sanitize your hands upon entry and exit. Please also ensure you are washing your hands thoroughly anytime that you have come into physical contact with someone.
- To encourage social distancing in all queuing areas (Welcome Centre, Catering & Retail), signs will be put in place to encourage visitors to queue at least 1m away from the next visitor. Please verbally encourage them to do so too.
- We have made the decision to close Safari Sam’s Diner from Saturday 21st March and instead open outlets (the BBQ, Ice Cream parlour which will also be serving sandwiches, Monkey Mayhem and the Tiger outlet on the animal park). Safari Sam’s Diner will only utilise the kitchen for cooking preparation for outlets.
Which areas are unavailable at this time?
- Feed pot is currently not for sale and the Reptile and Farm Encounters will involve no animal interaction. However all scheduled animal talks and feed times will go ahead as usual.
- Indoor areas which have been closed include; Safari Sam’s Diner, Tumble Jungle, Dino Day-Care, the Rainforest, Jungle Theatre Undercover Picnic Area, the Discovery Centre, the Speedway Museum and the Face Paint Cabin.
- The shuttle bus to and from the station is not running at present
Which indoor areas remain open?
- The BBQ outlet, ice cream parlour, Monkey Mayhem, Dino-Store Catering area and the Tiger outlet on the zoo will be open this weekend as with outdoor eating options.
- The toilets will be available in Safari Sam’s Diner.
- Both retail shops remain open with queuing amendments put in place as above.
- The World of Dinosaurs is open and is a great outdoor space for visitors allowing lots of social distancing.
- The Conservation Cabin on the animal park will open again this weekend but on a limited entry system.
If you are unable to visit us at this time but would like to support our amazing animals, please visit; https://www.pwpark.com/zoological-society-hertfordshire/just-giving/
Finally, we would like to end by saying a huge thank you to you all for your continued support.